Thankfully she knew a few of the kids in the class.
I wish there were more that were around her age though. Most of her friends are a few years older than her and remember coming to visit her when we brought her home from the hospital. In their minds they think of her as "Baby Hoku" so we have to keep the kiddos from wanting to carry her around and treating her like a baby. But they are pretty good at showing her the ropes for the most part.
There are several Nursery leaders and teachers so I feel confident leaving her there. They are caring and kind and treat her as a regular part of the class. I especially liked how they gave her an "open" cup and the snacks just like the bigger kids. It's a great way to introduce her to things she hasn't tried yet. Her new favorite snack is goldfish since she started Nursery.
She didn't venture far from mommy and daddy at first.
When she would reach for a toy she would be sure to keep one hand on Mommy at all times.
We've been working with her physical and occupational therapists to get her to start sorting things and putting things "in" containers. So far she only likes to take "out". Having new toys and others to watch sure helps.
Heavenly Father sure loves His little ones and has made sure they aren't left out while at church. 18 months old is a perfect time for the kiddos to transition to a class of their own while allowing mom and dad to enjoy Sunday School. I am so grateful for the inspired programs of the church and am grateful for those who volunteer their time and talents for my little Hoku and her friends.









So cute!! I can't believe she is already starting nursery, what a beautiful little girl!
ReplyDelete