So I walked home from work again yesterday! I am so proud of myself! I am trying to get more fit one little baby step at a time. I've been inspired by the flylady who talks about doing things one small step at a time. Like starting to declutter messy areas 5 minutes at a time. It's funny cuz they call it FLYwashing! I think I'm starting to get flywashed! But it's actually working. Knowing I need to exercise for even 30 minutes looms over me all day. But I've found that you can actually do it in smaller steps like going walking in one direction for 8 minutes and then turn around. Do that 2X a day and you have a 30 minute walk you've done for the day! So what I've been doing is going for a 15-20 minute walk on my 1 hour lunch break. It's kinda fun, cuz I work down town so I like to go and explore all the streets. Chinatown (one of my favorite places) is just a few blocks away. So I walk there and look around at all the produce and buy my lettuce and tomoatoes and cucumbers and then go back to my desk to eat lunch.
Today I walked around Iolani Palace-it took me about 20 minutes. I ran into my hubby and his friend Jon Aki who is visiting from the mainland. They were on their way to lunch and invited me along but I was enjoying my walk too much and didn't really want to go. I REALLY liked my walk cuz I took my ipod with me. I listened to a General Conference Talk and then the soundtrack to Twilight. I loved it! It made it so much more fun! I always forget how much more interesting things can be when you have something to listen to. When I first got the Twilight soundtrack I didn't like it too much but now I REALLY do. I'm reading New Moon again and I'm getting obsessed with it like before.....you know me and my little phases I go through!
You silly. You really make me laugh withe the whole Twilight obsession thing. Heehee. I imagine, you're one of those people dressed up for the show right!?! haha. While we were at home, we came across your infamous Nefertiti Halloween pic. hahahahhaha. I had to remind dad how Percy didn't recognize you and totally left you high and dry at the bus stop! haha. Tooo funny! Good times:) I miss my elaborate sister! ANyhow, I'm glad you're walking! I need to too! I'm not liking this chilly weather, it kinda puts a damper on my morning walks w/ the kiddos. But we'll see how it goes; I can't have too many excuses. Btw, how do you put General Conference talks on your ipod!?! That sounds like a great idea!!
ReplyDelete