Since Scotty is an "elite" yelper, we get some awesome opportunities like getting invited to openings of new restaurants and tickets to sneak peaks of new movies before they come out. We got to see Harry Potter before it opened in Hawaii and got tickets a few Saturdays ago to see Disney's "Born to be Wild" in 3D on IMAX! We actually got 4 tickets and decided to take our nieces Analea and Olena to see it with us. We had a fun time.
It was a great experience for me to get a TINY taste of what being a mommy must be like. Lots of credit to my sister Crystal and sister-in-law Chasity and all my friends with kids.
First of all I couldn't really relax until we were sitting down in the theatre. I was worried about the girls running off or someone kidnapping them or them falling down and hitting their heads....yeah, my imagination was in overdrive thinking of all the terrible things that could happen. Talk about ANXIETY! It was a good thing Scotty was with me cuz the girls had to go to the bathroom a few times.....why is it that they can't go at the same time?! My mother-in-law is amazing that she actually takes them so often by herself. I can't imagine having to get your purse and stuff then take both girls to the bathroom only to haul them all back to their seats in the dart. At least Scotty was able to stay with one while I took the other to the bathroom.
The second thing I realized is what an amazing mother my sister-in-law Chasity is. Her girls are so well behaved and didn't wonder off or give us any problems. Olena loves to ask questions and she ALWAYS wants to know why..... her favorite question is "Why Auntie?" Ana is more quiet and likes to keep to herself, then she gets comfortable and you become her best friend.
We got the girls popcorn, mommys must have like 7 extra hands and you have to make sure everything is even. Thank goodness the theatres now have the extra box thingys so everyone has their own tray to hold. I always remember when ever we would go to the store in the winter time and the first thing we would do is all give our mom our jackets to hold while we were in the store. Yeah.....I never thought how that must have totally been a drag for her....yet she never complained...another gold star for mommies.
The experience was priceless, it is SO exciting when you see the kids faces light up. There are so many things they don't know about and they think it's cool when you show them something new. I love to get them to say "ooooh!" The baby elephants and chimpanzees were so cute and did funny things. The girls couldn't stop talking about it.
Afterwards we went to McDonalds- kids are so easy to please...and for extra brownie points for auntie and uncle the girls each got their OWN Sundae. Yeah.......we are the best!
We had the kids for only about 4 hours total and I couldn't believe how exhausted I was after. My brain hurt and my body ached. I didn't know I was so tense the whole time- I'm kinda out of practice, but you really got to pay attention and there are SO many thing you don't notice as an adult that could potentially endanger the kids.....yeah I probably overreacted a little- but last thing I wanted was to return my nieces damaged to their mommy. All in all it was a great experience and I had fun bonding with the girls.....can't wait to do some more bonding when I see my lil Tristan Bear and Chenoa Pies pretty soon......I'm gonna have to spoil them rotten.....and then give em back of course!
BTW- I can't believe the cost of IMAX 3D- if we would have paid for the tickets it would have been almost $80 for us all to go! AND that doesn't even include popcorn and drinks! The total little outing would've been at least a hundred dollars! That is INSANE!

No comments:
Post a Comment