Not wanting to hinder anyone else's enjoyment of the hike I had everyone else go ahead and I went back down to sit on a bench and wait for everyone.
The stairs CAN be a little steep,
but I don't know why I couldn't take 'em. There were so many old people walking up and down with no problem so I felt kinda weak. But oh well, I met a nice lady who was recovering from the flu and was taking a break herself on the bench I found.
Afterwards we went to the Kapiolani Community College (KCC) Farmers Open Market, my very first time! It was so FUN!
I was obviously recovered enough to try out all the samples, like
Fresh Salsa:
(we bought the one with extra cilantro at Shelly and TJ's recommendation),
Fresh made bread: (yep they were sampling EVERY KIND they had),
Dragon Fruit:
(it kinda reminds me of kiwi fruit a little bit),
and my FAVORITE, Fresh Roasted Kahuku Sweet Corn,
It isn't quite like the roasted corn form the 'Rez but it's a pretty good substitute.
We had fun looking at all the different vendors and fresh foods they had to offer.It was super busy and CROWDED!
I gotta go back and try the fried green tomatoes.... and get some local fresh produce. KCC Farmer's Market has so much more to choose from than the small one down town I usually go to. AND I guess I could go back to conquer Diamond Head once again too!






Hey! Finally a new post;0) Too bad you weren't feeling good for your hike. But the farmer's market looks like it was WAY fun! The bread looks YUMMY! I absolutely LOVE different breads;0) (AS if you can't tell that by looking at me!) And that dragon fruit...I dunno...it kinda looks a little scary! Although, I have heard it is similar to kiwi. You've always loved kiwi huh? I think I might be allergic...it does something weird in my mouth. HA! Anyway, glad you're feeling better! Miss you and keep the posts coming! (Like I can talk, my blogs clearly been neglected for a while now!) Later gator;0)
ReplyDelete