Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Edward and Bella's Wedding Reception

If you don't like Twilight stuff then you probably don't want to read this post......I'll give you a second to click out of my post............................................. because....................................

on August 13th.........as any Twihard knows is when Edward and Bella get hitched in book 4! Yay....it sure took them long enough- 3 WHOLE books worth. So anyway SEVERAL twifans got together at a friends house to celebrate Edward and Bella's wedding.

To prepare for the evening, of course the "real" bride(s) had to get ready. My sister in law Chas and I made veils for each of us to wear to the "wedding" reception.  My nieces had to be our models. They turned out pretty nice and were fun to wear.  So just a heads up... you might catch me wearing my bridal veil while vacuuming and cleaning the house......we had lots of fun wearing them- guess there really is something to being a bride for the day like Monica, Phoebe and Rachel in Friends in my favorite Friends episode.

Bridal Veils!

Anyway the BIG DAY came and we all got to be a bride once again. The lady in Red- Lorie was the host and had us all over to her house in Mililani.

All the brides

We each took turns posing with the bride and groom (notice how Bella always got pushed to the side as the default bridesmaid).

Here's Kali..... I love how she has her bouquet in her jean's pocket

Kali and Edward

My mother-in-law Joelyn is a huge fan and is the person who intro ducted me to twilight a few days after she started reading the first book.

Joelyn and Edward

I got to return the favor and introduced her to the world of K-dramas. Since then we have been big Team BaeYoung Joon fans ever since. (I'll save him for another post some other time)

Together Joelyn and I invited my sister-in-law Chasity along to the midnight showing of Twilight. She had no idea what she was getting into at the time and we are so happy she is the biggest twihard of us 3 and introduced us to Lorie and the 808Twilighters.

Edward and Chas 2

My favorite picture was of Nicky (6 months pregnant) getting close to Edward...

Nicky and Edward
And of course there is me - who can't decided who I like better.....Edward or Jacob....I'll take Stephanie Meyer's approach and say that I can have both since they are fictitious characters. I'd like to think I'm the perfect middle.....good ole team Switzerland. At least for today....tomorrow may be another story....

Sommer and Edward

Of course it wouldn't be a wedding reception without a cake.....

The cake and stuff

a toast (with sparkling apple cider) to the new couple......
Chas, Joelyn, & Kali toast

Sommer & Nicky toast the bride and groom

A few rounds of BUNKO.....

Bunco Chas

Cutting of the cake ......

Bride Chas cutting cake


and More cutting of the cake....
Bride Sommer cutting cake

We finished off the fun evening watching a video on the life of the bride and groom cataloging how the happy couple "met"-by watching Twilight on a super huge screen that Lorie's husband made so we could watch Twilight under the the full moon.

Twilight's started

Needless to say, there were lots of happy smiles and "psycho eyes" which made for a super fun evening.

Nicky's crazy eyes!

We can't wait for the Breaking Dawn Midnight Premiere, you'll definitely see my annual face book update!

For more pictures click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Sommer!! I LOVE that you did this! I totally would've come to an Edward Bella Wedding reception! In fact, now I'm mad at myself for not thinking of such a genius idea ; ) Seriously though, this is so awesome. I can't believe you even went all out and made a wedding cake! So cool! I now have a new respect for your twihard intensity. ; ) love it!

    ReplyDelete