Monday, November 21, 2011

Visit to see Baby Bridger!

I got to go see my newest nephew Bridger in Utah a few days after he was born....what a sweet baby boy he is! I'm usually really nervous about being around babies and I was especially nervous about being around a brand new baby. I'm always worried that their head is going to fall off or something....and I never feel like they quite like me....but Bridger is so sweet and easy to hold. I immediately loved him. My heart swells with pride of my cutie pie nephew wrapped in my blankie I made him. I couldn't get enough of him and loved holding him. He didn't scream once when I held him and I think I'm his favorite auntie!

IMG_1111

I also got a chance to spend time with the two little monsters.....

IMG_1094

I spoiled them rotten, then turned them back over to their mommy...poor thing....I'm sure Crystal was recovering for days.....

We carved pumpkins.....

IMG_1088

I may be a fun auntie, but I definitely got a few things to learn when I have kids of my very own.

Mistake #1: I told the kids right away when we got back from the store about the pumpkins I had purchased for us to all carve. They wouldn't stop talking about it and all of us adults had to gather up the energy to get 'em all carved before bedtime. Um yeah....when the kiddos are 2 and 4 "carving the pumpkins" means auntie, papa and daddy carve while they tell us to hurry up and mommy ends up cleaning up the big mess.

Mistake #2: I showed Tristan how to light the candles. He was so intrigued with the flames and kept blowing them out to have to relight them that auntie went back to the store the next day for some battery powered tea lights.

We made pizza.....

IMG_1145

Auntie had to hide the olives so there would be a few left for the pizza as this is one of their all time favorite things to eat. I also learned that you gotta keep the knife a safe distance aways from the reach of curious boys....

We made pretzels.... in all shapes and sizes.....


IMG_1148

Tristan likes making "snakes" but couldn't quite get the concept of once you place it on the pan you're "done". I guess snakes need to be shaped more than once....or six times.
IMG_1144
IMG_1147
IMG_1158

IMG_1168

I love my niece and nephews so much. They are the CUTEST ever! We got to go to the park everyday. I learned a lesson there too....that two year olds don't necessarily hold on very tight when swinging.....I'm so glad Tristan is a tough boy...hopefully there aren't too many residual affects from being with auntie at the playground ;oP

What is most amazing is being able to see how my sister has turned into a wonderful mommy. It's funny as I got to see first hand how easy it is to turn into my own mom and dad. There were several times that I was surprised to hear the exact words come out of my mouth as they used to say. Crystal and I are now "grown" "adult" women and it is funny how our relationship has grown and matured and yet stayed the same as we've always been. We had fun just hanging out, doing crafts and talking about old times and new things we love to do.  I love having a sister and she is such an inspiration to me. When we were little we would sometimes get on each other's nerves and our mom would remind us that we need to be kind to one another because one day we would be best friends. I never thought that would ever come true, but it has and I miss her everyday. almost daily phone calls are not enough and you can't beat being together in the same place to really have some fun. Most nights I retired exhausted only to wake up early the next morning with the kids all charged up and ready to go.

Tristan is so cute...He is such a BOY!!! When he wasn't running around the house getting all the "Indns" (Indians) he was causing terror in other ways. When I reminded him that he was an Indian too, he'd say "I'm not an indn...I'm a cowboy!" and proceed to put on his cowboy hat to show me.

Another one of Tristan's sayings is "Ahkiwo!!!" (AH-KEE-WOAH)....I have NO IDEA what this means but he says it when ever he is super excited. When I ask him what it means he just looks me in the eye and says "Ahkiwo." Like there isn't any explanation needed.

Chenoa is growing up so fast. She loves going to school and is really inquisitive. She asks lots of questions...... It was hard for auntie to always explain everything to her - so it gave me a good insight to what it's like for others as I've always asked lots of questions. She is also very considerate and looks out for everyone around her. I had forgotten my toothbrush when I left and she called to see if I needed to come back to get it as she was really worried that I didn't have it. Her favorite person is Papa and she gets so excited to see him.

The best part about being with my niece and nephew is the feeling that radiates throughout my entire being when they look me in the eye and say "I did it!" or "I love you auntie." Nothing can compare to the feeling you get when you see their eyes light up and you just know you somehow are the most amazing person in their life.

I can't wait to plan a trip to see my brother's children....I so want to see them too and feel the awesome spirits of the little ones- kids are AMAZING!

It was also awesome to see my dad. It's so hard when you live so far away...talking on the phone isn't anywhere near as awesome as seeing each other in person. My dad is as handsome and kind as ever.

IMG_1114

I can't forget to mention also that Crystal's husband Gaylon is the kindest and most considerate husband. He always puts up with a lot when ever I come to visit. I make messes with the kids, get them all excited so they won't go to bed and monopolize his wife's time. But he takes everything in stride. He a great husband....definitely a keeper!

IMG_1077

It was an incredible trip that I'll remember forever.

IMG_1185

1 comment:

  1. Okay just so you know, this post made me cry. That paragraph when you talked about how amazing it is to see what a wonderful mommy your sister has become and how your mom taught you to be kind to each other and be grateful to have a best friend, it just really touched my heart. I love my sisters so much and I hope my girls grow up feeling that same way. You and Crystal and so lucky to have each other and I'm sure your mom is very proud when she looks down and sees you girls taking care of each other and loving each other the way she taught you to. Thanks for your light and example. You are both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete