Anyway, the Bishop’s wife in our ward learned how to crochet from this brother and has been addicted ever since. She is amazing and makes all kinds of little gifts for the ladies at church including Kleenex covers, water bottle holders etc. We got to talking a few weeks before conference and I told her how I ALWAYS find a little lap craft or crochet project to do for conference. (Just something to keep my fingers busy as I listen to the speakers).
As we chitchatted I decided that I’d make a baby blanket for one of the mommies to be. As I got going on the “little” blanket….it grew and grew and GREW until there was no way it could be for a newborn and I had to go and get a few more skeins of yarn. I remembered my Kat’s favorite color was pink and so the blanket began to be made just for her.
I used the Basket Weave Double Crochet Stitch and integrated 2 bands of color. This was the first time I actually switched colors of yarn the “correct” way rather than tying the two colors together and trying to hide the knot. Its double thick and extra warm for the "cold" Hawaiian nights :o)
I made Shelly a pieced throw blanket using browns, creams and blacks. Perfect size for watching TV or for an airplane ride.
TJ and Scotty made their very first Turducken! It turned out SO YUMMY! First they de-boned a Turkey, Duck and Chicken and then stuffed the chicken, topped with more stuffing then placed inside a duck, which was topped with more stuffing and placed inside the Turkey and roasted to perfection. When Scotty was explaining the process to me I said "oh!....Like a turkey pinwheel!" so yeah....I guess we had a turkey, duck, chicken pin wheel!
I should've taken a "before picture" but this is what it looked like when we cut into it....
After dinner we checked out the Honolulu City lights Christmas display.
I got an awesome Eclipse Ornament. TWILIGHT!!!! To proudly display next to my New Moon Ornament I got last year. It was a fun night.




That turkey duck chicken thing looks weird! But I imagine it was good since Scotty always makes YUMMY stuff;0) And I LOVE those blankets you made! You are so creative. I think you out-did yourself this year! Those monogramed ornaments are soooo dang cute. I want to make some next year! Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDelete