This year I wanted to use up some of my left over fabric pieces and scoured the internet for ideas on what to make....I decided to make scrappy pot holders and use up my remnants. Little did I realize what a daunting task it would turn out to be!
It all began with the great idea to just sew all the little pieces together. This actually took several weekends to do and after a few sore shoulders and hands the pieces were cut and I began sewing….and sewing…..and sewing…. and sewing….
But I must say the end result was fantastic. I love all the colors and how each potholder turned out unique.
The best part of sewing all the pieces together was all the memories associated with the various fabric pieces. I remembered friends who have come and gone that I made blankets for….Sisters that I sewed dresses and skirts for….. Babies who were bundled up in my blankies, and even odd craft projects that got only partially done. Finally ALL of the fabrics in my fabric drawer had a chance to shine.
But the craziest part is, it still seems like I have tons of scraps STILL left! Guess I’ll have to work on a pieced together MONSTER quilt with all the scraps.
But the craziest part is, it still seems like I have tons of scraps STILL left! Guess I’ll have to work on a pieced together MONSTER quilt with all the scraps.
BTW- what do you think? Do you call them potholders or hotpads?






No comments:
Post a Comment