Friday, January 6, 2012

40 felt monogramed ornaments

One tradition that I've always wanted to start is to collect a new ornament each year so that one day my Christmas tree will be full of memories of years past. Since moving around and sometimes having a tree and sometimes not, I really hadn't found an ornament that I liked to represent the “1st year” so I kept putting off the task. Then last year, my friend Becky surprised me by putting up 3 little trees in my apartment. As I was unpacking the trees this year my “NEW” tradition was started with one of the ornament she gave me of a little bear holding the letter "H" for Hovey.

As I was searching for ideas for my potholder hotpads I stumbled upon this awesome blog with felt monogram ornaments and I just couldn't resist making them. So now I officially have 2! ornaments to contribute to my “tradition”.

IMG_1433

 Of course being so excited about the cutsie ornaments I HAD to make one for practically everyone I knew and ended up making about 40!
IMG_1428

They are pretty and meant to look “homemade” so I was a little worried that people wouldn’t like them. To my surprise everyone LOVED them (or at least all the people who told me so do).

IMG_1431

If you are only making a few they would be super fast to make and they are very inexpensive. I even got to use the cotton embroidery thread that I already had been using for my crochet bookmarks so that was awesome.

IMG_1430

Next year I might limit the ornaments to my family to keep things simpler. Hopefully people aren’t awaiting for Sommer’s 2012 ornament…..hmmmm I wonder how much I could sell them for…. LOL!

IMG_1429

As a side note: I GUESS my Twilight ornaments count towards the ornament tradition but I’d rather have them displayed year-around for everyone to enjoy all year long!

IMG_1432

What are some traditions you’ve started or continued?

No comments:

Post a Comment