Friday, April 5, 2013

Encircled by Auntie Pohai.

Scotty's only and little sister Jana's middle name is Pohaikealoha- which means encircled with love. She definitely encircled Hoku with her love when she came to visit at the end of February for Hoku's Baby Blessing. It was awesome since Pohai wanted to spend as much time with Hoku as she could.

20130217-IMG_0501

It was extra awesome because that meant she didn't mind also holding her at her 2am feedings! Which means Scotty and I got to finally get some real sleep! Usually I awoke to Pohai and Hoku snoozing on the couch.

20130217-IMG_0506

As a first time mommy, going out alone with Baby Girl is kinda scary for me. Add on top of that doctor's orders to avoid large gatherings of people in enclosed spaces for at least a year and you have the makings of a great panic attack. I am so afraid of not knowing what to do if she starts to cry in public. How do I change her diaper in public? What if she gets hungry? What if people try to touch her? How am I going to drive and have her all by herself in the back seat? Questions like these circle around and around in my mind and before you know it I've decided to stay home for the day and go out "another day".

20130221-IMG_0590

 Having Pohai here helped me to deal with some of these fears. I was nice to have someone there for moral support if nothing else. She helped me to realize that you can enjoy going out and if something comes up you deal with it as it arises. In the meantime I'm taking it one small step at a time and wait for Auntie Pohai's next visit!

20130223-IMG_0650

1 comment:

  1. I really am the best sister, sister-in-law and aunty huh :)

    ReplyDelete