Saturday, August 28, 2010
Pretty Little Book Covers
Well I have been pretty busy with work and Relief Society lately. We are short staffed at work so I have been working odd hours again. But I've found some time to get some things done including homemade book covers for our Relief Society "Gospel Principles" manuals. I had lots of fun pickingout the different colors and matching ribbons and fabrics. I keep checking out the fabric stores where ever I go even though my project is done. We had an activity to welcome the young ladies transitioning from young women to Relief Society and at the end of the activity we gave eveyone a book cover. I still haven't chosen one for myself since I can't decide which one I like the best, they are all so pretty!
We had a fun get-together last night with all the girls from church. We had a baby shower for one of the expecting mommies-to-be and the guys got together at me and Scotty's place for a Madden 2011 Football challenge. I guess they ended up watching highschool football and then ended up playing. They were having tons of funs when us girls showed up to get our husbands back. We ended up hanging out with them til midnight! Whew! I am a little tired today. We had Ward Clean up early this morning - which tons of people from last night showed up to help which was AWESOME. Then I ran home for a quick shower and then I headed off to work. It's been a pretty busy weekend so far. I am looking forward to relaxing a little this evening. Good thing it's the 5th Sunday tomorrow so I don't have to worry about Relief Society, still got a couple more sisters to visit teach before end of the month and then it starts all over again.....Can you believe it's gonna be September alrready?!
It's been super raining on Oahu lately, and a little cold- it's giving me fall fever, I really miss this time of year in the mainland when summer time starts to wind down. Pretty soon the leaves will start changing and the nights will get colder. It's the best time of year to make breads and hot soups and stews and have hot cocoa. I miss wearing warm comfy socks....but then again it's kinda nice to go to the beach when everyone is freezing in the mainland!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Those book covers really are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're still having a little fun with the old hubs!