Thursday, September 23, 2010

Walk in Waikiki

 So Scotty and I have been doing pretty good at getting up in the morning and going walking. Today we walked 4 miles in 1 hour! We decided to make the trip a little bit more interesting and walked in Waikiki this morning. It was so nice to see the sun come up over the big buildings and hear the ocean swishing and swaying. There weren't too many people around and it was really nice and breezy. I was tired afterward but the walking went really fast since there was so much stuff to look at. There were some nice places to window shop too!

It's kinda weird to see the streets of Waikiki this bare. There wasn't that much foot trafic and you could smell bacon frying and fresh baked pastries all over- got me super hungry.
I love how calm the water was and how there was hardly anyone in the water- isn't what you see everyday in Waikiki-at least after everyone wakes up.
I thought it was weird that they actually grade the sand to "clean it" there is this little truck that drives over the sand and scoops it up, sifts it for any trash particles and fluffs it too.
This is where we turned around, you can see the nice sheen of sweat on my neck. I sure need to do some more walking.... but I sure felt proud of myself afterwards. I definately had a lot more energy today, I always feel so much better when I exercise, gotta just keep it up. Walks like this make me look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment