So event though Scotty and I have been walking almost everyday, I'm not in very good shape. I did a little strength training exercises today at the gym and am totally pooped for the whole day! I got super sweaty (which I was REALLY proud of) but I kinda hardly did anything :o( ...at least I went and tried. I've noticed that when ever I work out that I am always super hungry afterwards. The other thing I am noticing is that my legs get supper tight. I'm learning that it might be due to being dehydrated and not stretching enough. But I googled it and found that taking a magnesium supplement might work.....hmmm...maybe I'll look into it more and see if it'll help. I also have learned that I should reduce my sodium intake which will help with not getting too dehydrated. Ugh- I'm starting to feel even older now....having to watch my salt- NO FUN!
As for being hungery- I can't figure it out, most people say they aren't hungry afterwards and according to my google search the hormones that surpress appetite are supposed to be increased after exercise- maybe I need to keep exercising more. In the meantime it's not very fun to begin exercising when you are overweight, but I've read and heard that it is best to start slow. I'm trying not to expect too much but then again I'm not one to have much patience.
I've scheduled myself to be back at the gym tomorrow morning- but I'll probably just do some cardio.....oohh I sound like a person who does fitness stuff!
DOn't worry. I'm always hungry after exercising. I try to eat something good afterwards like fruit.
ReplyDelete