Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sweat Ring becoming a common occurrence.....

So if you drop by my apartment around 7am on Mondays and Wednesdays you will see a pretty common occurrence now....me in a super sweaty t-shirt....yeah,.....it's pretty AWESOME!

Hopefully you aren't too grossed out...but ever since I watched my first Rocky movie I have always wanted to work out so hard that I am dripping with sweat resulting in a wonderful sweat ring t-shirt  trophy for all to see. In fact I think I need to go out right now and purchase a gray sweat suit and a white hand towel, now to just find some stairs.....hmmmm maybe Ward Theater's would work....

So if you've been keeping up with Scotty's hiking and his scary adventures him and his brother like to take you know that it isn't hard for him to soak a t-shirt or two. Me on the other hand used to not sweat very much, that is until I came to Hawaii. But I had never had the experience of having sweat drip from my nose as my body shakes trying to do one last mini girl push up until I met Megan.

Today she came to my apartment building and worked me out in the little gym we have here. It isn't anything special and all the equipment is pretty old and rickety- but Megan managed transform the worn out room into an amazing studio using a few free weights, a jump rope and an exercise ball. She is truly amazing and has an incredible talent for physical fitness. After she left to meet her next client I returned back to my apartment and have been laying on the floor of my living room for the past 30 minutes or so. Just a few minutes ago a wonderful feeling washed over me and I couldn't believe what I accomplished this morning. It was hard, but with Megan's help I learned how far I could actually push myself. Maybe there REALLY is a little Rocky Balboa in all of us! (que eye of the tiger song here)



(yeah this is a HORRIBLE picture- but it's  for demonstration purposes only)

2 comments:

  1. I can hear the music now..."Getting stron-ger!" haha. You'll have to run up to the top of diamond head and jump up and down in your gray sweatsuit while Scotty flies circles above you in a helicopter filming you in all of your glory!! Haha. You are awesome! I've never sweated that much! I think the closest thing was rain dripping down my face that time in junior high when I missed my bus and had to run across the neighborhood to catch it on the other side! I was soaked!! Haha. MIss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yeah! You are rockin' the sweat ring girl! I think this new routine you've got going on is so impressive. Makes me want to get a personal trainer myself!

    ReplyDelete