So on Sunday, we headed out to Kaneohe to have our monthly Family Dinner at my in-laws. My sister in law brought 2 gingerbread house kits for us to decorate and my nieces Analea and Olena had a blast decorating the houses and sampling all the "decorations".
First of all- have you ever tried to make a gingerbread house in a tropical climate? Sticky royal icing doesn't "set" it melts. So we had lots of fun trying to make all the things stick.
Secondly- have you ever made gingerbread houses with a 4 and 6 year old? .....Yeah......, you pretty much don't want to eat anything afterwards ...at least for me because I rather not have a half eaten gumdrop or a candy that is suspiciously "wet" or half dissolved.... but it was fun to see the girls have so much fun. Christmas time is so fun.
Afterwards the girls couldn't wait and they had to try everything. Olena had fun munching on the big roof....
I showed Ana how to make icicles - and then tried to figure out a way to explain what they were since we don't see too many around here....
Earlier in the week the girls got to go swimming in our apartment pool with their daddy and Uncle Scotty. Our resident manager in our apartment building is an interior decorator and does amazing things for the various holidays. Here's the beautiful display she made in our apartment building foyer.
Right after it was time for some splashing in the pool- the girls have overcome their fear of jumping in without an adult to catch them. Who would know it was December? I LOVE living in Hawaii!!!






You're so funny how you're such a germ-a-phobe around kids. I think you're first baby will ween you of that. heehee. Dried up drool, snot and other icky things are a given when you have kids. haha I like how you put snow on the picture. Looks way cute. I remember we thought it was so weird seeing santa claus and Christmas decorations in Hawaii when the weather was sooooo warm. Haha. I bet you're used to it by now. Some day Gaylon and I will have to come visit you guys! I'd love to be swimming in the ocean on Christmas day at least once more in my life! Your nieces are cute. They are sooo big! I didn't realize they had grown so much. I bet you're a fun aunt...minus the germ issues. heehee. Call me later gator!
ReplyDelete