Thursday, January 20, 2011

2nd Anniversary of my 29th Birthday!

So January 15th, 2011 marked my 31st Birthday also-known-as the 2nd anniversary of my 29th Birthday. It was a pretty normal day with not too much going on. My friend Kat and I worked out at 24 Hour Fitness...yay us! Then we had lunch at a Chinese Resturant (and probably undid all our hard work at the gym). Afterwards we ended up at the salon for pedicure which were Heavenly! I hadn't had one for several months and boy did the worker have her work cut out for her! But now my little toesies are all polished to perfection  and gleeming with pink sparkles.....love it! That evening we headed to Kai Market- dinner buffet at the Sheraton Waikiki with all 15 of my co-workers and their spouces for our 2010 Department Christmas Party, yeah you heard that right CHRISTMAS PARTY. We decided in JUNE last year to have our Christmas party in January instead of December- good thing too cuz December gets so busy.

So we were all decked out in red and green and brought gifts wrapped in Christmas Paper for our gift exchange. I got an opportunity to wear my Christamas dress ;o) My co-workers gave me a lei for my Birthday.

IMG_2525

The Christmas "Committe" did a great job and we had a lot of fun. There were lots of prizes all wrapped up. We each had a Hawaii Quarter on a string around our necks and had a Jan-ken-po (paper-rock-scissor)competition and the winner got your quarter-yeah I didn't win the quarters but it was fun to try!

IMG_2522

Each person who came got a favor a glass etched with the American Savings Bank Logo filled with chocolate candies.
IMG_2524

I LOVED the center pieces which were very simple but beautiful- we had a game to win them and guess what? I WON!! I was so excited to bring home the beautiful flowers- they are still alive and sitting pretty on my countertop.
IMG_2582

Afterwards everyone sang Happy Birthday to me and I got a cute mini cake that I cut up to share with everyone. We were all so stuffed that it was the perfect size portion.
IMG_2560

On Friday, my mother-in-law Joelyn took me out for lunch at my favorite steak place Cattle Company. She got me a treasure box and a few fun items. We had fun going to the various crafts stores for the day.

IMG_2396

So pretty much I ate and ate for my 31st birthday. Back to my exercising!..... ugh...I guess that's what happens when you get old.....

1 comment:

  1. HOW FUN!! Your cake looks soooo pretty;0) I love how they wrote it with chocolate. mmmm yummy! Tristan got into our chocolate cake today. He used his hands and apparently took handfuls and got it all over himself from head to toe! What a stinky guy. At first I didn't know what it was and was a little "alarmed" (You can probably imagine what it MIGHT have been haha.) Thankfully it was just chocolate. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm mailing you something tomorrow. Really, I am! heehee. I hope you like it!! Miss you and Lub you! Call me later gator!!

    ReplyDelete