Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why do we always want what we don’t have?

One thing that I hardly ever do is my hair. Since moving to Hawaii my hair has changed A LOT! In the mainland my hair was dry and straight and would get static-y in the wintertime. I loved all my Latina amigas with gorgeous curly thick hair and so I would curl my hair to get more body- I even got a bad perm that I ended up getting straightened a couple months later….. Now in the humid climate my hair found it’s natural curl or waviness and I can’t get it go straight! So now I love all my Asian girlfriends with their sleek and super straight hair but I can’t get mine to stay straight!


So I’ve actually had BOTH hair types and still want the other- isn’t that crazy?! I’ve had my hair long and short, with and without bangs. The only thing that I’ve never done is colored it except for getting a few highlights one time which was fun but EXPENSIVE!
I’ve finally resigned to the fact that there isn’t a PERFECT haircut that you can just wash and wear unless you grow out all your hair to one length and leave it alone. I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to figure out that having a hair style means you actually have to style it.

I purchased a coupon for a haircut in November from the living social daily deals (check if you have Living Social or Groupon in your area it is AWESOME!) Anyway I got a coupon for a salon nearby where I work and decided to wait for my hair to grow out before I cut it. For the past several weeks I’ve been looking at different hairstyles. The problem is that I always think that when I get a new haircut that I’ll look just like the model- forgetting that they are like a size 0 and have different features etc. Plus I don’t really have the “skills” to do my hair – I still can’t figure out the hold-the-blow-dryer-while-you-round brush thing. It’s definitely an amazing talent that I don’t possess.
Anyway, I ended up at this cute salon here in downtown Honolulu and the hairdresser was the owner and only employee of the salon! Her name is Tina-Marie and is as cute as can be. I loved talking with her and ended up very happy with my “celebrity” hair cut.


I’ve actually “done” my hair everyday since- although it isn’t quite as perfect as she did, I’ve really enjoyed feeling a little more glamorous these couple days. One of my goals is to start wearing my hair down more because I always seem to have my hair pulled back and it isn’t very flattering but it is super easy. I need to figure out how to use “product” next cuz my hair still tends to loose it’s style by the end of the day. Guess I better get checking hair tutorials! For right now, I’m kinda liking what I have

1 comment:

  1. CUTE hair;0) It's true, we always want what we don't have...and we never see what we DO have...until it's gone;0) I like your goals! I didn't see that before! I'm trying to have some goals too! AKA LOSE WEIGHT! heehee. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete