Sunday, November 23, 2014

Craft time with Sommer!

I absolutely adore ALL the crafts and everything else on Pinterest. I especially love the homemade development toys especially for my Hoku. My friend Carole and I got together and made these ribbon pulling boxes and Hoku has loved playing with it.

20140602-IMG_3070

She especially likes to carry it around. I think because it is so big and it makes her feel big too. Her other favorite toy (the green car) was a treasure found in the dumpster at Grandma Joelyn's. It was an amazing find and just the right price! FREE!!

\20140602-IMG_3075


Grandma Joelyn came over on June 3, 2014 and we quickly put together a quilt for Uncle Robert on the big island. This one is an over-sized Queen size.


The whole family (except for Pohai -we'll miss you chica!) is going to the Big Island to visit Robert as his (brand new to us) house he just bought in Hilo. Since he's a strapping bachelor he really doesn't have the bedding to accommodate us all even though he will definitely have the space in his 4 bedroom house. Joelyn cut out the wide strips of fabric and I sewed them together. 


I even made her a quilt tag. 


Isn't my mother-in-law so beautiful?! My camera phone doesn't do her justice.


We had a fun day together. She went home to sew up a bunch of pillowcases. We're looking forward to our trip to see Uncle Robert!  

No comments:

Post a Comment