I've always loved a good yard sale and thrift store but I REALLY LOVE em even more now. My favorite things to find are baby toys, clothes, Kitchenware, books and Vintage Fabric. It's amazing what you can find for cheap. I learned that Saver's and alot of other thrift shops will mark down their prices on holidays. So out to Waipahu we went.
Waipahu is pretty far away from Honolulu in Oahu/Island terms. Without traffic it's a short 30 minute ride, in traffic it can take LOTS longer. Even though I grew up and spent most my life driving 2 hours plus for the nearest grocery store I've acclimated to Island life and anything over 20 minutes in the car is a LONG way away especially when you live "in town. But I had never been thrifting in Waipahu so why not today?
Well, a LOT of other people thought it'd be a good idea too.So many in fact, that the store was packed and the line snaked around the store where the end of the line was pretty much the same place as the front of the line.
For 50% off it was worth it. Thankfully Grandma Joelyn, Scotty, and my nieces were with me so we took turns standing in line while others of us shopped. It turned out to be a great strategy and we were at the front/end of the line in no time.
Hoku even got a turn at hanging out in the shopping basket. Nooooo she wasn't for sale....lol
Afterwards we had lunch at McDonalds.
And then headed home to cool off in the pool.
It was a fun-filled-bargain-finding day.






No comments:
Post a Comment