Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hoku is 10 months old today!

Time is flying by way faster than I can wrap my mind around each passing day! Hoku is 10 months old today and I am SO grateful for my wonderful husband Scotty for capturing most of what we have been doing these past few months and especially as he photographs Hoku daily. We have almost 10,000 pictures of our Hoku Bear and haven't missed getting at least a snapshot of her every. single.day. I think that is incredible!

We have been blessed beyond measure with our wiggly bundle of joy. I never knew babies could survive at 24 weeks let alone thrive! And that is exactly what our little miracle is doing....THRIVING! Other than adjusting her development scale to fit that of a baby 4 months younger she is right on schedule and even ahead in many areas.

This is what she's been up to in the past few months.
- She had her first ear infection a week ago :o( It was so hard for me to have her sickie...worst feeling in the world. Again, I never knew being a mommy was so painful.

- Hoku started babbling her consonant sounds. And says da-da-da, ya-ya-ya and lots of other noises.

20130714-IMG_4797 

- She can sit up all by herself now!

 - She rolls from tummy to back all the time as she HATES tummy time!

20130731-IMG_6101-2

- She does this funny "lizard" crawl on her back as she refuses to crawl on her belly.

-

She started to hold her own bottle - mostly enjoys taking it OUT and spilling milk all over her face.

20130708-IMG_4691 

- Her official first bite of "real" food is poi, rice cereal, squash.

20130716-IMG_4855

Unofficially she's had a bite of momma's ice cream, a lick of pickle that Uncle Kai gave her and some birthday cake that auntie gave her that I didn't know about at the time....(so glad she didn't choke!) She's also had watermelon, and a few licks of strawberry. 

20130809-IMG_5273

She loves hiking.

20130727-IMG_6060

She loves watching TV especially Timmy Time and Shaun the Sheep.... and spending time with Daddy.
20130804-IMG_5236

She LOVES swimming

20130723-IMG_4989 
and bath time!

20130811-IMG_5356

I am looking forward to everything Hoku will discover tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. She is sooooo cute! I love that first shot. She looks like lots of fun! And the swimming one. so cute. I'll bet she LOVES swimming!

    ReplyDelete