Sunday, July 13, 2014

Overdue Baby Gifts

Well the Quilts I wanted to be working on the day I broke my ankle are finally complete. Thankfully my right leg and ankle didn't get broken so my sewing foot works just fine.

 My dear friend Jen kept her baby gender a surprise and I had fun picking out more gender neutral colors for her quilt.

My favorite was the bunting fabric I used for the backing that was my color scheme inspiration. 


My other dear friend Nicky had a baby boy in December and since we moved I never got around to getting her quilt done. I love the greens and blues in her quilt with grey backing. I even sneaked in some of the bunting fabric in her quilt too.


Can you tell I'm really liking the Chevron pattern? Both quilts were fully machine quilted.


Both of my friends have other children. So for the new older siblings I made Crayon Rolls for them. It's probably because I'm a middle child and  I was traumatized when my little sister Crystal was born that I feel deeply for the older kids. Poor things aren't the baby anymore and I like to make sure they aren't forgotten.


I made the bundles for the extra large washable crayons which are surprisingly hard to come by (or super expensive here) but I like them the best.


Lastly I made them both matching wipes cases with the left over scraps from their quilts. I absolutely love the jumbo rick rack I found. It is adorable and I'd put it on everything if I could...


No comments:

Post a Comment