This year was especially hard because we had a move out date of December 26th. So I really didn't put up any decorations and we were in the process of boxing up our apartment. I didn't send out Christmas Cards or any gifts this year and the 8 adults in the Hovey family drew names Christmas. So I never really got to shop.
The Eve of Christmas Eve I got a surprise package from my sister Crystal in Utah. I bawled my eyes out and was so touched she thought of me. Her careful lettering and cute pictures drawn on the package warmed my heart....it was so special.
This is the first year since in my adult life that I haven't had a job. It's been weird AND super AWESOME and financially hard. What I wasn't expecting was to miss my co-workers so much. Especially these past years working at the American Savings Bank. We always celebrated each others' birthdays and the various holidays throughout the year. Christmas was always so fun. Yummy treats filled our office and I'd find little gifts on my desk leading up to Christmas...it was always so fun.
THIS year I got to spend Christmas Eve with my special little someone. She got her very first taste of a lollipop, and of the finest quality of course! Only a See's Candy Butterscotch Gourmet Lollipop would do for my little Hoku. Her favorite part was turning the pop around and sucking on the stick. Then using her sticky hands to take off her glasses and rub them all over anything within reach. It was delightful! (Mommy got a lollipop too...and possibly some other sweets.....)
Daddy Scotty got off work early and we headed over to Grandpa and Grandma Hovey's for our Christmas Eve get together. I dressed up Hoku in her 1st Christmas Pajamas and Grandma Joelyn set up the twinkling tree for everyone to lace their gifts under.
Hoku loved the lights and loved taking off the tree ornaments. I think she was overwhelmed with all the commotion.
She loved holding all the packages and playing with the ribbons and crinkly wrapping paper.
Since the cousins and Grandma didn't get to see Hoku in her Christmas Dress at church on Sunday. I brought it along for quick change for everyone to see.
For some reason we just couldn't get her to smile. I think there was a little too much going on...
But she was still as cute as can be with her Christmas Dress and matching bows made by yours truly.
After dinner and once we got her stripped down to her diaper and all comfy she opened her very first Christmas gift ever from Cousins Ana and Olena. After everyone opened one gift each we had a little lesson about Christ from Ana and all headed home.
Christmas Morning we opened Hoku's gifts
Auntie Crystal sent some cute outfits and fun treats.
My favorite was the Hello Kitty one (of course).
Later that morning Grandma came to pick up Hoku while Scotty and I finished packing. We made sure to have our annual Christmas Day Korean BBQ.












No comments:
Post a Comment