The day after Christmas our friend Caleb Hwang and 4 missionaries came to help us move. Scotty and the guys got all our big furniture stuff moved in about 6 hours.... most of the time waiting for elevators in our old and new building.
I stayed behind to finish up packing the odds and ends and begin the cleaning.
It is so weird to see your apartment empty,
There were so many memories made in this tiny one bedroom apartment on the 6th floor of a 24 story building in Honolulu Hawaii.
I'll miss being able to look out at our car below (even though it wasn't a covered parking stall).
And I'll especially miss the ample guest parking for our building. 14 stalls is practically unheard of in Town!
This is the place we brought our Hoku Bear home to.
And the kitchen where I made her very first meals.
Our landlord was awesome to let us make the place our own. On a whim the night before we moved in I painted the walls an almost shocking green and hand stenciled Hawaiian ferns on.
I won't miss having to clean the jalousies...I didn't even know what jalousies were before moving to Hawaii. (It's the paneled g;lass window panes that you open to let in the air). I WILL miss the cool almost always constant breeze. (We never even turned on the air conditioner once!)
The Living Room area was the home to our very first Furniture Store Couch. ( It's a costly experience that we probably won't ever have again) and was a little bit of a bear to move.
And I will miss the enclosed Lanai (another term I never heard before moving to Hawaii) AKA balcony. Our little apartment #608 in the Camelot Condos was the neatest place I have ever lived thus far. It had everything I never knew a home could have!
Scotty and his brother Kai completed the move by transporting all of our boxes of stuff....SO MUCH STUFF! Over 60 boxes of stuff! to our new 1 bedroom apartment 1 mile away.
The next morning a beautiful dawn greeted us and marked the beginning of a new chapter in our lives.....














No comments:
Post a Comment