For almost 10 years we wanted to have children and it seems almost overnight that we have a little soon-to-be toddler among us.
Hoku drives me crazy as she is learning to stand and walk and feed herself. She is SO determined and wants to do it all on her own, yet she really can't. yet. I'm really at a loss to know the best way to help her and so I pretty much have been trying to stay calm and let her explore the world around her. Which just means there are more messes for me to clean up.
Even though she doesn't have any teeth yet, Hoku really enjoys "real" food vs. baby food. She loves putting everything in her mouth and pretty much has liked just about everything we've given her so far.
On this night we ate Chinese food in memorial to the passing of Scotty's brother Travis. He LOVED Chinese food so that family always gets Chinese food and a large soda in his honor. Hoku loved the noodles and loved sucking up the stir fry juices from a piece of broccoli. Beef Broccoli and Sweet 'N Sour Pork were Travis' favorites.
I'm a little more adventurous with giving Hoku big pieces of food to eat.
I figure as long as I don't freak out she won't. Scotty on the other hand really hates it when I give her pieces of food that he thinks are too big for her.
She loves eating long noodles.
Hoku's other favorite thing to do is visit her 'friend' in the mirror.
We say good night to her every night.








No comments:
Post a Comment